Cape town – 10 and 11 June 2019
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost R6 850,00 (excluding VAT)
This practical interactive workshop is designed for both new entrants to the company secretarial environment as well as those of you who have been in this environment for some time. It will be beneficial to PA’s to company secretarial departments; LLB and CA graduates wanting to learn more about the company secretarial career; CSSA students etc.
The workshop will allow for a greater understanding of the requirements of the Companies Act 2008 vs the Companies Act 1971, the proposed amendments in terms of the Companies Act 2008 Amendment Bill in addition to the completion of CIPC forms and successful registration thereof with CIPC and other administrative matters.
• Types of entities and MOI options
• Reservation of names
• Company formation and inaugural company secretarial function
• Reconstruction of records/retention of records.
• Special/Ordinary resolutions requirements
• The duties of a company secretary; directors and public officers
• Change of registered office and postal address
• Change of directors, officers, secretaries and Audit committee members
• Change of financial year-end
• Change of auditors and change of public officer
• Change of shareholding, including transfer, allotment of shares, voiding of allotments, etc.
• Liaison with CIPC and other relevant authorities
• Completion of CIPC forms, minutes and resolutions
• Statutory audits
• Deregistration and liquidations
• Annual return/ XBRL lodgements and financial year end audit/independent review requirements
• Corporate Governance
Comprehensive manuals are provided as well as precedents of CIPC forms and minutes/resolutions.
EXTRACTS FROM PAST DELEGATES’ EVALUATIONS
• Involvement of all delegates in discussions had and personal attention given to all delegates.
• Precise and clear explanations, well communicated.
• Presenters knowledgeable and experienced.
• Very informative with real life examples/experiences given and concepts well presented.
• Having just taken on the company secretarial portfolio, I am more aware of my responsibilities and more confident in attending to same. More informed as to what questions to ask when given an instruction.
• Exceeded my expectations
Duration Two Full days: 09h00 – 16h00 each day