Cape town – 14 June 2019
Contact us on email@example.com
Cost: R3 850 (excluding VAT)
This course covers the governance of non-profit companies and would be of benefit to all administrators of non-profit companies, including general management; the CEO, the non-executive directors and company secretary.
The nature thereof allows for participative interaction and delegates will be encouraged to share their experiences.
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for the general administration of non-profit companies.
The training session is divided into :-
Part A Theory
- Doing the right things versus doing things right;
- Companies Act of 2008;
- Relevant Definitions;
- Formation, Administration and Dissolution;
- Governance of Companies;
- Enhanced Accountability and Transparency;
- Business Rescue;
- Remedies and Enforcement;
- Regulatory Agencies and Administration of Act;
- Offences, Miscellaneous Matters and General Provisions;
- Provisions applicable to Non-profit Companies;
- Directors versus Prescribed Officer;
- Implications for Prescribed Officer;
- What does corporate governance recommend;
- The King IV ™ Code in summary;
- What does good corporate governance mean in practice;
- Different role players and the difference between managing and governing;
- Legal Governance Structure: Non-Profit Company with Members;
- Role of the Chairman;
- Role of the CEO;
- The role of the Non-Executive Director;
- The Board’s complex role;
- The Key Roles of the Board;
- Duties of the Director;
- Role and Function of the Board – based on King IV™;
- Governance versus Management;
- “Boardroom Excellence” – A Contradiction in Terms?
- Quo Vadis;
Golden rules and practical implementation
Duration One Full day 09h00 – 16h00
Kindly note that copyright and trademarks related to King IV are owed by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa NPC and all of its rights are reserved.