The FluidRock Shared Services Division has a vacancy for a Junior Finance Manager who will service our holding company and four (4) subsidiaries.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
The position includes, inter alia interpreting accounting processes that are aligned to business operations in order to achieve an efficient and effective accounting function for the companies.
Finance Manager: Mari Roux
Available on written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 November 2019 (or sooner if possible)
Location and working hours:
Monument Office Park,
Block 5, Office 201,
79 Steenbok Avenue,
Office Hours: 08:00 to 17:00
Responsibilities and duties:
Expected accountabilities of the incumbent:
- Assist Finance Manager with all accounting functions for FluidRock Governance Group, consisting of the holdings company and four (4) subsidiaries.
- Issuing retainer invoices one month in advance.
- Regular updating of all consultants' assignment schedules.
- Liaise with Shared Services team to ensure issuing of invoices for accepted quotations/proposals is scheduled appropriately.
- Manage debtors - ensure < 60 days.
- Responsible for vendor registrations.
- Overseeing the hand-over of delinquent accounts to the collection attorneys and management of this process.
- Oversee the ordering of stock.
- Manage creditor payments.
- Ensure BBBEE scorecard is optimised by using BBBEE compliant suppliers.
- Drafting, sending and managing annual client increase letters.
- Resolve and respond to client queries.
Assist with month end activities:
- Assist with cashbook of all entities.
- Assist with monthly reporting on Finance matters to the Management Committee.
- Have access to all payroll information and assisting Finance Manager with payroll preparation and payment of salaries.
- Assist with the payment of monthly EMP201.
- Assist with monthly VAT / Provisional Tax preparation and payment thereof.
- Assist with benefits planning, administration and oversight.
- Ensure financial documents / accounting systems are in place for annual audits or independent reviews.
Assist Shared Services team with providing bank-related letters or forms for proposals and tender purposes.
Manage 12-month cash flow forecast.
Qualification / experience required:
- Applicable Financial Degree (B.Com Accounting).
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in the private sector.
- Computer Literate (Google Suite, Sage, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Fluent in English (read, write, speak).
- Advantageous: good knowledge of the Companies Act 71 of 2008, King IV ™ Principles.
- Being able to interpret data proactively and visually - and advise management of appropriate action to be taken by management.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to live up to FluidRock’s high performance culture.
- Living the values of FluidRock: Open and honest communication, Unity, Trust and Integrity.
- Absolute confidentiality required for this position.
- First stage of interviews: Finance Manager and Head: Shared Services.
- Shortlisted three candidates: CEO Operations, Finance Manager, Head: Shared Services
*Only superstars need apply to email@example.com
Note: FluidRock reserves the right not to make an appointment or to withdraw or amend this job advertisement as it deems fit.