Training Fees: R5,250 excluding VAT
The aim of this course is to inform listed company secretaries as to their role in the provision of support and guidance to the Board and to meet the necessary regulatory and statutory obligations of a listed company.
The nature thereof allows for participative interaction and delegates will be encouraged to share their experiences.
Who should attend?
If you are responsible for generating and publishing SENS announcements, compliance with stock exchange listing requirements, recording of directors’ dealings and interests in the company’s shares; monitoring changes in legislation and informing relevant parties. Liaison with Sponsor; guiding management of the listed company and its subsidiaries; monitoring share registers and the movement of shares; drafting of policies; compilation of sections for Integrated Annual Report; management of dividend timelines and interim and year end results announcements, then this course is for you.
This one-day training session comprises three parts, namely :-
- Part A - Statutory duties of the company secretary
- Part B - Governance responsibilities of the company secretary
- Part C - JSE Listings Requirements (JSE LR) and the role of the company secretary
PART A - STATUTORY DUTIES OF THE COMPANY SECRETARY
- Companies Act, 2008
- - Duties of the company secretary
- - Administrative duties
- Being an effective company secretary in terms of the Companies Act, 2008
- - Interaction with the board and individual directors
- - Interaction with shareholders
PART B - GOVERNANCE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMPANY SECRETARY
- King IV ™ Report on Corporate Governance
- - King IV ™ outcomes and principles
- - Corporate governance role of the company secretary
- Being an effective company secretary - Corporate Governance
- - King IV ™ recommendations on the company secretary as governance professional
- - Governance processes and policies
- - Facilitating the effective functioning of the board and its committees
PART C - JSE LISTINGS REQUIREMENTS AND THE ROLE OF THE COMPANY SECRETARY
- - Continuous JSE requirements - planning and processes
- - JSE related policies
- - Corporate actions and the sponsor
One Full day 09h00 – 16h00
Kindly note that The King IV™ Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa 2016, Copyright and trademarks are owned by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa” and the IoDSA website link is: http://www.iodsa.co.za/?page=AboutKingIV