At FluidRock we draft approximately 600 sets of minutes each year. Our clients include public listed, public unlisted, large and small private and non-profit companies, trusts, associations, medical funds, tribes and homeowner’s associations.
Through the years we have found that the drafting minutes is not everyone’s cup of tea and that it takes a professional person with a specific skill-set that includes:
- An understanding of business and business terms
- Being able to research and interpret industry specific jargon
- Financial acumen
- The ability to succinctly summarise discussions
- Knowing what to leave out of minutes
- Clearly setting out decisions, resolutions and actions
- Drafting the matters arising schedule enabling management to action items
- Excellent language skills
- A love for the job, even though many regard it as a grudge task.
We are fortunate to have a team of people that have the above skills and that enables us to churn out professional minutes. However, it is critical that the executives in a business provide their input into the minutes as they are at the coalface of it all and they have a deeper understanding than anyone else of the critical matters.